Binding and Loosing -Keys 2 Kingdom of Heaven
reveals, 15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 20Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
A. Peter is an apostle and at this point he doesn’t have the baptism of the Holy Spirit as is easily seen in the next few verses when Y’shua tells him to get thee behind me Satan…
B. When he denies the Lord he also does not have the Baptism
C. Once he is empowered, he is the one that brings forth the Word of God to the Rabbis and learned holy men who were gathered in Jerusalem for the Shavuot Feast, and 3,000 souls are added to the Kingdom that day!
1. This day 2,000 yrs. Prior was the very day that the LORD gave the law unto Moses and because of the disobedience of the children of God 3,000 people were killed at the direction of God.
D. The foundation of the church is built on the apostles and prophets
1. This means that they are given the spiritual authority to do the prayer work required to break the strongholds and build the church or work of God.
2. They are servants of the church and not elevated above it. As foundations they are beneath it. When money is thrown at their feet they are not supposed to keep it. What happens is that if they do keep it their prayers for the work and the work itself becomes corrupted by temporal things like money.
3. When someone who is not an apostle or prophet starts a work or church the Lord will send one to come along side the Pastor to do the spiritual warfare to establish the work.
4. Binding and Loosing is a powerful tool or key of the Kingdom
a. Binding the enemy and loosing one of the 7 Spirits of the Lord into the situation or over a person’s life. Isaiah 11:2 2And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. 5And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins
b. Binding a person to the will of God and loosing the enemy from them…both ways are correct to the best of my understanding of the Word.